DAY 10 100 MILES

The alarm went off at 4.30. I silenced it but I missed the 5 am one. I woke with a panic at 6 am .it was a cold morning as I undid the stopper  from my airbed.

I seemed to be getting ready in slow motion.but eventually I was l packed by 6.45 and on trail.

I noticed another hiker in front of me.  But he was soon out of sight.

I tried to push on but nothing seemed to be working this morning. I blamed it on the cold.

I shuffled on down the trail .annoyingly the sun was in my eyes  so couldn’t really see where I was going. But the trail was really nice nice, should have gone on I muttered to my self. 

In the distance I could see a farm house but as I got nearer the trail took a tight right and started to climb my eyes are squinting into the  sun

Then it was there marked with rocks in the sand.100 miles 

Whoop I known its only one of many  but  it does lift the spirits. 

I pushed on climbing climbing at once the scenery  began to change. Trees appeared  with shade  something I had really missed. I wanted to stand under each and every one of them. 

But miles  need to be walked.

I kept on following the trail. Through numerous  gates and sandy tracks . At 9am I decided to take a break. Scoffed a packet of spam,some prunes. And a packet  of  gummmie  bears. That  seemed to give me the  pick up I needed. My legs now apeared to be working. And then a trail appeared a proper winding trail wow at last.  I sped up and  relished this new trail or how I think the trail should be.

The straights were great  but they downs  scary as they were covered with marbel like rocks that   wanted to throw you to the ground.

Once down again I was in woodland with the great smell of cedar.oh I love this.  They trail meandered on its way .I struggled with the  climbs  but excelled on the straights.After  several hours of this I emerged  at a trail  head. An actual marketing ha ha.there on the rock was a message   from a trail angel with

I sat there for a minutes  then she appeared in her white van. 

We introduced each other.go sit down there snail grab a soda and chill.i did as I was told she was nipping to trail days but would be back. I topped up my water then opened a can of lemonade. OMG.the taste. I could have drunk more  but this wasgreat .I chilled for a few more minutes  before crushing my can and heading out.

4.4 to the next water. But my far out app (guynhooks) was mis behaving it would tell me the milge of this only my milage… Really really useful..maybe needs reinstalling.  But out in the wilds not a chance. Fuck …

Only back to the water 4.4 I can do that the trail was being kind but  I was still tired. I’m always tired. I pushed on climbing and going down then climbing ..  at last I came to the road and headed left. At last I could see it as I got closer I noticed two hikers there. To my amazement it was Kevin  and Hawkeye.  OMG. I didn’t think I’d see you two again 

We  caught up on the trail them they said there goodbyes as they had been there a while. 

I dropped my back Nd has a long lunch then topped up on water from.thec  cow  trough. Yummy.

Thecboysxwere going to do acfew more to get into  resort tomorrow. Okay I’ll try and match  that. But after lunch I was sluggish.. my pace was a plod.

But the miles were falling . I wanted to get to mile 115. 

I pushed and pushed arriving at another park and the was a cache of water. I loaded up then carried on .typicslly  the trail winded up and nowwhere to put a tent .

I had had enough when I noticed hiker the 4 shoes.etc etc.they were cowboy camping so after tea oh well ill give it a go .

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s