Day 63 Off to Glasgow

Monday 11th june

I slept through most of the rain. waking only to switch off my alarm. I eventually emerged at 8.30. wow I must of needed that sleep.

When i walked over to.the shelter Fish was there . Hey man what are you doing here as he’s normally fast.

I then met the ranger. and he’s a talker like me, 2 hours later I was taking my tent down and was on the trail by 10am really really late for me.

but I only had two miles untill the road. I pushed on and soon arrived at the longest footbridge on the AT .As i crossed a train appeared on the adjacent bridge once across I crossed the road as advised by the ranger and I got my first ride into Glasgow.

I found the shelter and set up my gear. the shelter has power.lights, loos and hot showers

I went and resupplied and also brought a sympathy card for a friend who had recently after writing I visited the Postoffice to post and then back to the shelter to chill.

I drank a few beers emptied a tub of ice cream and as I had Cell service I had another email from Osprey. great they have to en me discount on a new pack .

I quickly logged into their website and entered the code . great that took off almost $100.

but then it didn’t let me select the UK as my bling address. arrrhhh. I tried sever times before giving up and bringing the lovely lady at Osprey. after sever more phone calls . Result

my new pack is on its way whoop. I was feeling very smug so opened another beer.

As i was relaxing by the camp fire a man alleared and announced that there was free dinner at the church. and he would be back at 8 pm to pick up those who wanted to come .

Great I thought no cooking.

8pm soon arrived and soon a pickup full of hikers was on route to the church.

when I walked in I was amazed to see so many people that I knew.

There was Guinness .Bumble bee, Bob and Zippy and many more . I had a huge bowl of pasta with meat sauce . salad bread and then they offered us more. before the ice cream appeared. it was so delious .As I was eating Poppins and peanut arrived.

after lunch we had to introduce ourselves and say a bit about our trail names before we were shuttled back to the shelter . i joined the others sitting around the camp fire drinking and chatting

mileage 2 miles


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s