Day 57 Heading to Dalesville

I slept well apart from being woken by a beady eyed mouse. my fault as I slept with my tent open. well I asked him nicely to leave then went back to sleep
I was 6am but wasn’t ready to hike until 7.30.
when I walked back go the shelter there were many usual faces. I said my hello then made my way back to the trail. I followed Poppins for a while until they stopped for a break.
there were many campsites as I walked and with the luxury of bear boxes. so, I could have pushed on a bit more last night …. maybe.
The trail continued with its typically up and I was pleased that I didn’t hike on.
Once Vain it took me the ridge to climb some rocks and then back down. As I walked on o began to meet more people heading the other way. Day hikers. Section hikers’ etc
Now and then I would catch a view of the lakes far below.
I was looking forward to a real. Bed something that I missed out on at the last town. These thoughts seemed to help my legs and I was beginning to crush the miles.
I emerged from the forest into one of the many cleared areas that the electric pylons walk across. That must of have been an amazing engineering feat as they stretch for miles over the distant mountains. But these areas normally give you great views and no they did not disappoint. Wow amazing. I stood staring for a few mins before moving on.
I then bumped into a dad and daughter out for a few hours hike. we chatted for a while and his mother was from chippy a town not far
I pushed on coming to railway line not far now I thought.
That seemed to spur me on and soon I was standing at the busy main road.
I could see Howard Johnson’s so set off towards it arrived hot and sweaty. please have a room!!!!
As I was booking in Fish appeared. he had made it the night before. May see you later, but he was expecting company.
I checked the hiker box. and there were several beers, so I squirreled them away and headed to my room. it was a huge room fantastic.
I dropped my backed stepped out of my clothes and straight into the shower. Omg that was so good. Once clean I grabbed my stinky clothes and went to the laundry. Great chores over so I opened a beer
Then I wandered around the motel. found the pool and sat relaxing with my beer. I chatted with my other hiker buddies drank a few more beers. I could have sat here all day, but I wanted to visit the outfitters. It was in the other direction all g the very busy road.
I found the store so brought a few bits and of course a 12 pack. then to the outfitters. I brought several pieces of spare kit then bumped in to Red Fox s or Jo one of the guys that I had started with many weeks ago.

have you had lunch I asked?
No what do you have in mind?
I fancied the BBQ place
okay see you in 20 mins
When i got there Peach and Bumble bee were also here. we chatted then I ordered.
I went for thel local style Ribs and wow they were so good, I  havnt eaten ribs in a while so I must try more.

After my fill I walked back to my room decanted the food from their containers into ziplocks then joined other hikers by the pool.
Later I decided to try the Mexican for dinner as it was just across the road. The food was good but they were putting up chairs fairly early which was disappointing .I walked back to my room watched a film then it was ZZzz time

milage today 10 miles


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s