Day 51 heading to Pearisburg

wed 30th May.

It took me ages to go off to sleep . over tired not sure.

But I was excited to get into town grab a room and do nothing .

I was up by 6.30 and boiling water for tea.i was quickly packed and on. the trail by 7.30.

It was another damp foggy morning as I set off along the trail. I passed the numerous rhodadendrum tunnels it easier entering a cave. in fact it was so dark in places I couldn’t see where I was going.

again due to all the rain that had been falling parts of the trail were like a big. as I had new socks on I tried to avoid these as best as I could.

I pushed on and on and began to climb shortly I was on the ridge but it was cold. . most j would t complain. I needed to hike faster .I thought about stopping to put my jacket on but pushed on any way. I then came across a familiar face. it was bob packing up his tent.

we said our normal hellos then I was on my way.

The trail dipped and climbed as I made my way through the mist. I then heard voices behind me it was Bob and happy Feet who had caught me.

we gave each other abuse as I watched the. fade I to the mist.

must be the season as as I passed under certain trees I left covered in tiny caterpillars or Inch worms .

it was a pain brushing them off.

the trail began to now decent. I knew it would be at least 3 hrs to get to the road.

The trail had all sorts of surprises ,huge rock steps which were very steep and slippy. omg.

then an assortment of rock to clamber over and lastly slick clay at

very steep Angle to navigate over. I lost my grip twice a d crashed to the ground swearing. once again I wiped myself down and continued on.

At last j arrived on the road my shoes caked in mud. I scuffed them along the road to clean them the best I could.

Town was about a mile roadwalk .i went straivbt to ghe garage and brought some coke. then went to the motel. Dam no vacancies. I tried the next one . The same full up.

both were full of construction workers. My last choice was the hostel. Sadly no rooms only

tenting. Oh well it will have to do .

I found a spot and put up my tent then went and grabbed a shower . oh that felt so good.

once done I went and did laundry then went to the post office and posted my socks . handstand was in there getting supplies too.

I then popped into the grocery store and brought beer, ice cream and some dinner.

I walked back then took the shuttle to WalMart I didn’t want much but managed to spend $50 I also brought a small bottle of bourbon.

Once back I grabbed a beer and began to wade through a big bag of cherries they tasted so good . I passed then arku d to the other hikers. who were now gathered around the fire pit .

We sat drinking and chatting . then Pappa Smurf made a fire .

It as also. shapes birthday and she spent the whole day cooking for every one . st 10 pm the feast was unveiled. wow what an amazing spread she had made. Followed by an amazing cake.

after all that food it was bed.


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s