Day 33

Saturday 12 May

Dozed for a bit then got up.

Somersault had already left and left early. I went to the woods then retrieved my food bag. I removed my fly and then put water on to boil.

I began to pack up as the water came to the boil. I ate breckfast then finished packing. By the time I walked into the trail it was already in the 70s I think somersault had the right idea.

The trail began gentley but I knew that I had big climbs to do later.

I sun was hot as I pounded Down thehe trail. and I was heading down . and I headed down for a long long time. . the trail then crossed the road and as I crossed over Bob caught me . Bob is fairly tall so has huge strides so skips up mountains the bastard.

This was the start of the the first climb again it started gently then shot straight up s d steep I climbed for over 2 hours beforeI reached thetop and had to take a break as I was shattered then it was a short bit down followed by another 2 mile climb.

This was through pine forest so was sheltered for the sun thank God but again it was steep.

2 hrs later I emerged on top of s grassy bank with nothing to see and then it imeaditly went down and steep down . the trail then became pebbles and became busy with clean people and many dogs. I guessed it was a tourist spot but I hadn’t a clue what or where until an hour later I emerged o. the Tennessee / North Carolina border. There were cars every where.

I spied Bob sat by the forest sign and joined him.and are lunch. see were hoping for a free soda or fruit but nought.

Then the girls joined Us from yesterday’s camp but I can o my remember Pig Pen

After my break I hoisted my pack and set off with all the clean day tripers up the other side of the hill. once up the views were spectacular but the trail was up and down exhausting me. I ploughed on for several hours . meeting a bunch of scouts out hiking they were very chatty do I tagged along with them.

I original target was the seco d shelter mile 16 ish. But when I got there I pushed on as I wanted more miles.

This may of been unwise as it was up very very steep up Nd it went on and on. Then across more hills. My map said two miles but I’m convinced it was more likely 4 at last I came to water as mega had had enough walking . I filled up and walked on knowing that the campsite was very near.

I spied Bob putting up his tent a d quickly followed suit.

we the. ate dinner together and as we ate deer joined us completely unfazed that we were here.

Then it was time to hang out as the. bed


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s