Day 25 heading to Hot springs

I slept so well but woke up soaked in sweat . thats a new one.

I visited the loo then put on water to boil.
I quickly stripped down my tent and packed up.
Then devoured my tea. followed by a serial bar then it was time to hoist up my pack.
it was just gone 7.30 as I made my way back to the trail from the Shelter. the first part was steep oh so steep but it eventually evened out.. from this point it wasn’t too bad as I set off to catch my friends ( no hope)
it was much cooler a d I seemed to be flying down the trail.
,serenaded by the wood peckers .
or I d a d round up a d down. stopping every now s d then to pause for breath and take a swig of lemonade.. I seemed doing well on time . the spot where every body wanted to get to was getting nearer that meant a huge climb.
it shortly arrived half way up I met many trail people who maintain the trail. they were putting in some new steps. I watched 5 very old men carry huge logs past me as I puffed and past ed my way up .AT last I was here. wow what amazing views but not overrated from what they were all saying as it was so windy you wouldn’t want to pitch your tent. I hiked on passing 250 miles small whoop and at last I was heading down .
my original goal was to do about 14 miles more if I had it in my tank.
I wanted to hike till 1pm making 5 hrs but I was tireing and so found the first shady part
I ate some snacks and glugged some lemonade before studying my maps
the next shelher was 2 miles away nut up a bloody big hill. okay let’s see where I get. I slung o.n my pack and marched down the trail.
it wasn’ting before the hill started and it was hot oh so hot.
I stopped and grabbed more water. I was just leaving when Big Red caught me
I’ve been chasing you all day snail he said. I laughed and let him pad as he’s much faster.
I continued the climb as my slow pace .It was so hot and they had done a controlled burn so not much shade. eventually I emerged out onto a meadow and began to go down and not far a head I could see the shelter and big Red.
I dropped .y pack then went to get more water as on this heat I drinking gallons.
we chatted for a while. the road was 6 miles away nut I wasn’t sure if I could do that . so aimed for 264.
off I went then was greated by another huge hill that really sapped my strength and made tbink.i should of stayed atthe shelter.
I really struggled up that hill as I was low on oomph. finally I made it over checked my map and decided to push on to the car park.
Luckily it was down by t it was hot a d I was knackered
Eventually i came to the car park totally exhausted.
there were numbers to call for shuttles but I had no service. and it was late 7pm
as I crossed the road there was a Ranger sat in his truck .he said that Hot Springs appeared to be full. but he phoned a few people. sadly no one answered so I found a spot and put up my tent.
we will try again in the morning
nighty night

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s