Day 10 Nero to Franklin

I slept crap, in fact I don’t think that I slept at all.
I emerged from my tent around 7 had a long wee then stripped down my tent.
I  slowly hobbled back up to the shelter. hoisted my pack then set off back . up to the trail. The trail began by crossing several streams. My knees were groaning., but it was right knee that was giving me pain today. I was wearing my leggings  and had not bothered with my knee supports.
I continued to hobble down the trail.the shuttle was due at 9.40 and so I had plenty of time. so no need to hurry.
The trail was actually very nice as I made my way along.I was shortly caught by 2 other hikers and we walked together.
The forests was very quite except for the sound of several woodpeckers who were busy at work. After about an hour I emerged at the road, where the shuttle should pick us up.
Also waiting here was creature ,. then Sunrise appeared, although he wanted to go on. but we convince him he would miss both shuttles.
The fare was 3 bucks to town bargain,  as it was a long way to town.
Where do you want to go  the driver asked ?
The  Budget inn. please .
It  was  about 20 minutes   before  the driver  cane to  a stop, This is the Budget inn he  shouted.
I grabbed my pack  got off of the bus ,crossed the road  and  stood outside the motel.
Seconds later a man  appeared , Do you  have  a vacancy  for  2 nights ?
He  did  and  as it was just  me he  gave me a discounted rate .
I wasn’t able to check in until 12 pm.  although he  said i could leave my pack  in  reception.
As i  haven’t been out here long i didn’t want to let my pack out of sight  so  decided to take it with me  and  go in search of breakfast .
I  found what i thought was a suitable place, or rather noticed the half-dozen packs  all lined up outside. Once inside i noticed  a table of 8 hikers so I asked if they  minded me joining them?
I had  just sat down when a steaming cup of coffee arrives. you ready Sir?
I ordered the house breakfast. Hash browns, 2 eggs sunny side-up, bacon and toast.
it’s not long till it arrives, and  its not long until it’s in my belly..
As I eat my breakfast , my cup is constantly being refilled with coffee. a treat  that doesn’t in the UK these days.
I wandered back and checked in, exploded my pack, stepped out if my clothes and got straight into the shower.
OMG. the hot water felt so good. and I emerged CLEAN.
My next chore was laundry. I  changed into my  spare gear  before  getting  change for the washer , I  found the machine and  threw in my  clothes before  setting it  in motion
my  next  job was the Post office as i wandered down the road  Charlotte (Tank) commented on my outfit
It was further than i thought  and I soon roasting in my puffy.
I patiently queued up until it was my turn  Disaster!! There were no packages for me.
They needed my tracking number to locate them , Hopefully that is  still in my possession .
I grabbed 2 boxes before walking back to my room ,its not a biggy I can get by. Once back I swapped over my washing to the dryer.before going in search of my  tracking number  / receipt . I eventually  found it, but it  was not in good shape.but I will worry about that tomorrow.

OKAY, laundry  is done… Shopping next. I headed off to the shops.
Note. I have not  into routine yet , so I brought far too much although  I was resupplying for 10 days. I  lugged my heavy  bags outside and began to decant the boxes into zip-locks making  the bags less bulky and  lighter, before i headed back.
Phew it was hot  and a long way  back, Especially when carrying bags and your knees hurt.
Once back i assembled the PO boxes and began to split my food between them 2 x 3 days and a 4 day ,
I then had a missed call from Dan & Beth as they were at the brewery.
i texted them back   that i was on  my way.
But  when i finally arrived   they had already left. Tom (Magic) and Charlotte (Tank) were still here so I joined them  and together we sampled many beers before Tyler (Tent-less) joined us we had several more ales  before decided  that we all needed food

WE  found a restaurant called  Root & Barrel Kitchen

The restaurant we found was great , we shared several starters  fried artichokes  and   fried Brussels sprouts that came with bacon – goat cheese
Both very tasty , I then had a Blue Steak with Jacket potato again  so tasty
It was fairly  late  and i was ready  for  bed , although my younger companions  were  going on to party, but I was done so headed to my bed

Start 102.3
Finish 105.7
Mileage  3.5

2 thoughts on “Day 10 Nero to Franklin

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s