Day 122 Climb every Mountain

13th August
My alarm went off so I ignored it and again and again.i dozed staring at the ceiling of my tent .The couple were up I could hear them giggling and clanking pots.its no use I need to get up .I packed my pack then emerged from my tent.stuffed the rest of my gear in then dropped my tent.
I refilled water then said my goodbyes and rejoined the trail ready to continue with my climb. There was no sun just mist  and where it had rained yesterday the plants were sodden and so it wasn’t long before I was soaked.I pushed on with my feet squelching. It was probably a fantastic view but all I could see was fog.up and up I went I guess id be doing this all nothing really to say.i normally go three hours but something was wrong with me left shoe so I came to a halt  .
The inner sole had wrinkled and   was hurting my foot.i took it out and tried to flatten it .I also changed my socks for dry ones squeezing almost a pint of water from each. I hung them on my pack to dry then had breakfast.


The sun was doing it’s best to shine but the fog was currently winning. Bit the snakes were out I  came across six 3 dark brown two yellow and black and a funny coloured one  all the size of my small finger and all about 18 inches long, too fast for my camera thankfully and a lot of of large greenish slugs but no snails how sad lol
Around the next corner I noticed Foxy’s tent morning  Mr fox   I whispered to myself.knowing that he would soon catch  me later.
I began today’s first climb , and thankfully there were switchbacks but then it just became steep.. At last i began my descent and shortly entered the woods , I really liked this one as it was covered with moss, so it looked like a jungle , there were some huge trees here too , wow HUGE!.
I plodded on my tummy rumbling and my back aching under the weight of my fully stocked pack., I wondered if i had made a mistake of switching packs?
Okay lunch, I sat down on some rocks., Today’s lunch ,Cheese and ham tortillas, with few nuts and crisps.
I soon woofed that and was ready to go..except that my left food was complaining. I had lost 3 nails on this foot due to kicking rocks,  but this pain was due to the rucked up insole. I couldn’t continue like this , so yanked out the insole and shoved it in my packs , Then i was off
I had just put on my pack when Foxxy passed by and soon disappeared I caught him later getting water. I too grabbed water then once again set off after foxy


Today’s climbing had exhausted me and I really fancied calling it a day but it was only just 3 pm so pushed on I ran into a SOBO named Prom Queen  Yes snail its down now …Phew.
I Said that it was the same for her and laughed.

Long Winding Trail

I set off feeling happier but still tired, the hours ticking slowly by, too bloody slowly i thought .but I was getting there.
I crossed several large creeks, stopping at the last to refill my water as I was looking for a campsite as my watch pinged six.
Okay not a huge mileage, but I started late and have been climbing all day.
I came to a large meadow this looks good I said to myself as I neared the end there were  several suitable spots I choose one and threw my tent up.
Soon I had a hot cup of tea in my hand and I was beginning to relax
Only 480 miles to go whoop

Camping in a Meadow

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s