Day 81

4th July
woke early but it was still warm I needed to finish this before j burst into flames. But before setting off i had Breckfast very unusual
Then off it wa already warm at 5.45
And with no breeze my head was soon leaking. God it’s hot .fid I say hot
The views were good but the trail dusty and as I walked i tore up huge plumes of dust nice.
At last some breeze thank you
On I plodded  watching the lizards scurry in front of my feet.  And looking our for snakes as I was still half asleep or rather on autopilot.
Soon I wa approaching the fish farm and fresh cold water hopefully
I vould see it getting nearer .The water source was s huge hosepipe  with far too much pressure but it was water wet cold water
As the day wore on I was getting nearer to Burney. I was hoping to get my pack swapped out for a new one but with our phone service I was running blind
I was now decending and it was bloody awful lava or jagged and sharp and unsteady it also seemed to magnify the sun into your body making you even hotter oh my god it was worse than walking the rim .get my off of here before it wrecks my trainers .I pounded down the inclines making sure my foot was firm before taking another step. Again so easy to trip or slip or both at last a dusty trail. And in the distance traffic. I emerged into a busy road and was imeaditly picked up .but as we drove into town my phone got service.Odprey can’t get it to me until Castelle. As we drove along there was a massive range American flag hanging across the road just massive  attached to a huge Grove crane ( my dad used to make those cranes).its for July the 4th but the flag size was amazing. .The guy dropped me off at the post office. I grabbed a sub from subway and as much soda that I could drink  then hitched back.
The trail seemed even hotter as I plodded along  I was going to try and get to the state park and water. I had gone a few miles when I came to an aladins cave . beer. Soda. Food.showers every thing I had a cold beer signs the book the table and a photograph of my self then relaxed guzzling water. Then the trail angles appeared. Apologies I’ve forgotten their names all ready .but they didn’t seem to want me to leave we sat chatting got hours drinking beer and laughing finally I push on possibly not in a straight line lol I did two more hours then set up. My tent.
Now why can’t I just be left alone to eat if it’s not the mosies it’s the ants or the midges .well tonight it was bloody wasps. I put some sugar in a ziplock and before bed it had almost 30 dead wasps in

Well time for a wee then zzzz


Independence Day Is coming

Independence Day Is coming






Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s